- Bachelors of Science in Exercise
Science from Western Michigan University.
- More than 15 years experience in multiple health and wellness arenas; corporate and commercial fitness as an Assistant Manager, Fitness Director, Master Trainer, Fitness Specialist and Competitive Gymnastics Strength Coach.
- Instructor for the National Personal Training Institute, a state-endorsed school for aspiring personal trainers for 6 years.
- In-home personal trainer for 13 years.
- 2 nationally accredited certifications: Certified Strength Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength Conditioning Association (NSCA) and Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) through the National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF).
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM): 2014.
- Member of various organizations in the fitness industry, including the NSCA, NCSF and IDEA.
- Completion of various continuing education courses, including correcting low back disorders, corrective exercise, speed and agility training, balance training, advanced core conditioning, understanding women's health issues, nutrition and weight control and designing functional programs to reduce knee and shoulder pain.
- Certificate of completion: Shoulder Dysfunctions, 2014.
- Certificate of completion: Kinesiology Taping, 2012.
- Certificate of completion: Sports-Related Injuries in the Young Athlete, 2012.
- Voted top 10 Personal Trainer in Southeast Michigan by Metro Parent: 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016
- Featured in the Detroit Free Press, February 2011 article: "Women get creative with fitness bargains."
- Featured in May & July 2009 Oxygen magazine: Future of Fitness.
- Competition results and pictures included in various issue of Natural Bodybuilding, Natural Muscle and Oxygen magazines.
- Featured in The Detroit News, Jan. 2004 article: "Pick a gym that's right for you."
- Featured in The Detroit News, Aug. 2003 article: "Fall back into biking."
- Featured in The Detroit News, Nov. 2002 article: "Get the right trainer."
- Involvement in competitive sports for more than 25 years, including gymnastics, track and field and extreme athletic competitions, such as the Women’s Tri-Fitness, which includes fitness skills (shuttle run, box jumps, bench press) and obstacle course.
- May 2013 Earth, Wind & Tired, Dune 5K: 40:12 2nd place age group
- December 2010 Paint a Miracle 5K, Michigan: 22:46
49 / 185 overall
- November 2010 Fifth ThirdTurkey Trot 10K, Michigan: 51:39 33 /445 age group, 260 / 2943 overall women, 1214 / 6291 overall
- October 2010 ALA MSU Stair Climb, Michigan: 12:02
1st place overall, 1st place women, 1st place age group
- October 2010 Brooksie Way 5K, Michigan: 27:17
11th / 118 age group, 54th / 692 overall women, 161st /1073
- May 2009 Muddy Watters Trail Race, Michigan: 1st place female, 4th place overall
- July 2008 Women’s Tri-Fitness (WTF) World Challenge, Las Vegas: 9th place overall fitness skills, 15th place obstacle course/skills, 20th place obstacle course/skills/grace & physique
- Nov. 2007 WTF Fall Classic, Tampa: 1st place age group fitness skills, 3th place overall fitness skills, 12th place dual fitness, 14th place overall competition
- May 2007 WTF Spring Classic, Tampa: 1st place fitness skills, 1st place in age group overall, Top 10 Overall
- Sept. 2001 INBF Natural Mania NYC: 5th place Lightweight
- June 2001 INBF Hercules NYC: 3th place Heavyweight
- April 2000 NPC Kalamazoo Classic: 1st place Lightweight
"To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you."